Join one of our volunteer opportunities and make the most of your time by supporting marginalized people, empowering youth, restoring hope, and more on our volunteer program. If you are interested in self-improvement and adding new skills to your résumé, join us to make a positive impact that matters in our community.
Future Youth Association (FYA) is a not-for-profit youth led organization in the country working since 2010, well known nationally in the community, for its commitment to work with marginalized sections of the society and empower them attain dignified quality life. It was registered as an organization in 2010 by the Ministry of interior and federal with a reference number 0031, ministry of youth and sports with SN:138 and all other government authorities in the region with an ultimate goal of self-reliance,
The aim of the Association is to promote the development of young people in achieving their full physical, intellectual, social and spiritual potential, as individuals, as responsible citizens and as members of their local, national and international communities. The Method of achieving the Aim of the Association is by providing an enjoyable and attractive scheme of progressive training.
Why Volunteer with us?
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Do something with friends
- Face new experiences or challenges
- Raise awareness and support important community issues
- Experience different cultures
- Develop professional networks
- Gain experience in a variety of roles
- Explore different career and job opportunities
- Get relevant training or develop skills.
We are a friendly organization!
As shown in our slogan “Youth for Change” we provide people with a culture that is friendly, inclusive and fun to be around that provides flexibility and support when it’s needed.
What You Should Expect:
The organization is expected to ensure that you:
- Learn about the organization and its volunteer policies;
- Get an orientation to the organization and training for your volunteer role;
- Know the organization’s policy or protocol for handling complaints or any issues of concern;
- Ask for and have regular reviews or evaluations of your performance;
- Get guidance and support in your volunteer role;
- Be reimbursed for all volunteer work-related expenses for the organization.
As a volunteer, you have the responsibility to:
- Be punctual for your volunteer duty or shift;
- Be reliable and responsible;
- Communicate any issues or concerns which are likely to affect your volunteer duties;
- Do your duties as assigned and directed;
- Accept guidance from the Volunteer Coordinator or supervisor;
- Be willing to learn and participate in orientation, training programs, and meetings;
- Understand the role of the paid staff, maintain a smooth working relationship with them and stay within the bounds of the volunteer role;
- Keep sensitive organizational information confidential;
- Comply with the policies and procedures of the organization.
TimeFrame & Location:
Most volunteering programs of Future Youth Association last between 6 to 12 months with a possible extension. As FYA mainly operates in the regions of Benadir and Southwest State of Somalia we expect our volunteers to operate in South West State and Benadir region.
Who Are We Looking for?
- Committed to global peace and development
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- readily to adapt new cultures and situations
- Between the ages of 18-35
- Youth Activists
- Minimum a bachelor degree from a recognized university
- Must have at least 1 years of relevant work experience in the field of NGO policies and procedures
- Excellent english and Somali Communication. in addition to reporting skills
- Ability to finish work within schedule
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV with three professional referees along with their cover letter to the following address email@example.com with the subject as FYA Volunteer Application
The deadline for this call is until 12th august 2018